Jamie's 11 week update!
This must be my lucky week - I weighed 13 pounds 13 ounces on Monday August 2 (Uncle Mark's lucky number) and I am doing all sorts of new and impressive things. I have a new best friend, my babysitter Christi - see above! I cry every time my mom comes home and Christi leaves. Anywho, here are some of my feats this week:
* I coo like crazy - it means I am happy. My Mom and Dad and I have whole
conversations in coo talk - good thing they speak my language. I mostly talk when they coo to me in a calm voice and look me right in my baby blues; sometimes my mom gets so hyper and I don't feel like chatting then.
* I love to check myself out in the mirror - I have to make sure Mom's outfit choices are acceptable!
* I have discovered my hands and I love to see if I can get my entire
fist into my newly drooly mouth.
* I smile all the time now - still mostly in the mornings after a good night sleep and a nice milky breakfast.
* I love to swipe at toys that dangle in front of me - I swing and miss like Terry Mulholland, but when I connect, look out Barry Bonds!
* I still love going in the car, although I don't nod off quite as much as I used to - Mom's horrific singing keeps me up.
* I seem to be settling (sort of) into a nap schedule - I like to check my eyelids for cracks. I usually just take a cat nap in the morning and evening and then I take a big 2-3 hour nap in the early afternoon - my European siesta.
* Mom said she'd love me forever if I started sleeping better, so I did. I have been sleeping 5-7 hours a night - in a row!!! - every single night for a few weeks now. I also moved into my Snuggle Nest in the Pak N Play, so now I have my own bed instead of sharing with mom and dad.
* I love to sit up and stand too - aids my digestion.
* If I am lying on my back and you hold my hands and say "UP!", I will impress you with a sit up - trying to develop my 6 pack abs early on.
* The only time I really cry is at night prior to bed when I get so tired but I forget how to go to sleep. I can't be expected to learn or remember everything these first few months! Carrying me around on my tummy a bit usually relaxes me though.
* I love "Blue's Clues" and other TV and movies. Mom takes me to the movies once a week. I've seen Shrek 2, "The Bourne Supremacy," "The Notebook" and "Manchurian Candidate" recently.
* I love singing of any kind, even Mom and Dad's poopy voices.
* I love "Airplane" - putting me on a pair of shins and flying me around. I especially love it because I get to drool on the shin owner's face and also eat their knees.
* I love the Baby Bjorn - but only if I can face outward - I don't want to miss anything. I also love to chew and suck on the fabric of the carrier - a delicacy.
* I still love my swing and everything black and white.
* I also love my pineapple rattle that dad got me - can't wait to eat the real thing soon.

<< Home