The Lives of Jamie and Kelly

Saturday, October 14, 2006

I Walk Because I Can

My Amazing Team BLUES CLUES...




Me and My Friends Teah and Tristan Dancing Away the Dog Days of Summer in Napa



Today was my first of hopefully hundreds of walks for a Type 1 Diabetes Cure! We were Team BLUES CLUES - I picked the name - and we were the cutest team out there (see above) - although I think the Super Heroes team had funnier costumes than we did. Mom will have to try harder next year on that part. Our team raised over $16,000 for a cure - that money will go to research that will study why the heck my T cells are squashing my healthy pancreatic beta cells. We need to put a stop to this.

I want to thank my fellow dog walkers for spending the day with me, for supporting me so much and for raising money for a cure ...
Alison and Tristan
Jason, Lindsy and Morgan
Mike, Nicole and Sophia
Amber, Mike and Thea
Mimi
Mom and Dad

Dad - can you dress up like Clifford next time?