The Lives of Jamie and Kelly

Sunday, September 23, 2007

School Field Trip to the FIREHOUSE!

My great grandpa would have been so excited today because my school went to the Firehouse for a field trip. I know a lot about fire trucks because my grandpa was a firefighter for the LAFD for years. I even know that the truck is called a rig. I got to sit in the rig and steer and I got to go in the fireboat and I got to do a mini slide down the pole. My favorite part was squirting the hose - good thing I liked that a lot because mom kept having me go back to do it again and again for some reason. Come to think of it, all the moms were hanging around the hose activity. Not sure why really - there were just a bunch of firemen standing around.