10 Months!: 1 step, 6 teeth, Climbing, Clap to the Song, Shake my Rattles, Wave, Sleeping, Imitating, Cold
I am 10 months old today and boy have I got a lot to report! Here are some updates:
* I clap regularly now when someone tells me to clap. Mom thinks I am so smart because I ALWAYS clap when I hear the song "If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands." She is easily impressed.
* I wave whenever someone says bye or when someone new comes in the room. I wave with my palm facing me like the Royal that I am
* I have 6 teeth - 4 lower and 2 upper. I am a tooth veteran now
* I eat great - 3 meals a day now - usually I am the best at dinner
* I have been sleeping great - only one wake up a night on average for a while now - my parents are pleased.
* I shake my rattles in music class on cue - again, Mom and Dad are delighted
* I love my Baby Einstein videos
* I understand things now - I know who Mr. Bear is and where he is in my room, I know where the coconuts are in my room, I know what a ball is, I know how to brush my teeth with my own toothbrush, I know the word OPEN (Mom and Dad always say it when they feed me).
* I can imitate certain things now - especially grunting - I will not say where I hear that noise though to protect the innocent. I can also copy people when they shake their heads.
* I regularly say MAMA and love to crawl to wherever she is and stand up next to her legs and pull her pants down
* I am just learning to take my first steps - I can take one stride forward before falling to my bear crawl
* I love the washing machine and the dryer - they are like big vertical drums to me
* I love to put anything at the opening of my mouth and then shake my head while making a noise - it sounds like I am singing - look out American Idol - I am already practicing!
* I throw a hissy fit almost every time Mom or Dad puts me in the car seat now, but once I am strapped in, I calm down. It is pretty comfy after all.
* I love to be thrown up in the air and then caught on the way down, of course. I giggle a lot for this.
* I also love to wake my dad up in the morning - when I come into his room, I know exactly where to look to find him. He thinks he is hiding under the covers, but I know where he is - I've got his number.
* I still love licking the phone and eating keys - these are probably my 2 favorite toys next to the Jenga blocks still.
* I hate having my diaper changed horizontally nowadays. But I don't mind at all if we do it vertically.
* My favorite game is the take the sock off, put it back on repeatedly game - have you heard of it? Don't know why more people don't play it.
* I am beginning to take more of an interest in books nowadays; I enjoy more than just eating them now.
* I have been taking 2 naps a day of late, after a few months of just 1. Still 2 hours in the morning and 45 mins in the late afternoon usually.
* I have had a mini snotty nose for a couple of weeks now but it does not seem to bother me at all or interfere with anything I need to be doing. Plus, I can blow snot bubbles out of my nose which is pretty cool.
* I can climb entire flights of stairs all by myself - it is my early cardio training.
* I can also climb up onto the couch in my room using my own stool - I love my stool.
* I have learned how to open the kitchen cabinets and I pinch my fingers and cry regularly.
* I weigh 21 pounds, 7 ounces and I still have no hair.

<< Home