The Lives of Jamie and Kelly

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Kelly is 5 Months!

Kelly is 5 months old today and she rolled - back to front. She also sits already, but rolling was hard for her - maybe because of all of her padding.


She weighs almost 19 pounds (usually one year olds weigh this!) and is 26 1/2 inches tall. Above the 97th percentile curve on her little weight chart.

She has the smoothest skin in the world - like her sister.


She can't wait to start solid foods and nearly leaps out of her chair every time she sees us eating.

She has given all of us "love wounds" - she gets so excited to see us that she wants to eat us and she grabs our faces and necks and arms and pinches and her little fingernails scratch us. Grandma GG's arms need a vacation from Kelly's little pincers.

She does not take a bottle reliably - bummer for Mom.

She does not take a binkie either really - except to just play with.

She LOVES her THUMB - she finds it and sucks it with reckless abandon! Hooray for self soothing!

She loves to play with and eat her own feet.
Mom says I did this too but I don't beleive her - gross!


Mom says this is me eating my feet, but I dont think so...


She is a great sleeper - 7 pm bed, 10 pm dream feed, 5:30 am dream feed, up at 6:30 am every day - like a clock. 2-3 naps - at least an hour in length. Mom is a happy camper.

I am the one in the family who makes Kelly laugh the most. I do crazy dances for her and also pull on her sleeves and she cracks up. Our neighbors kids can make her laugh too - but not as much as I can. She loves me.