One
One....singular sensation - that is me! I'm One! Numero Uno! Ichiban! Here are my updates:
* I weigh 22 pounds, 14 ounces - 75th percentile
* I am 29 3/4 inches tall - 75th percentile
* My head is 44.5 cm - 25th percentile - you know what they say about small heads? BIG BRAINS!
* I walk EVERYWHERE - I NEVER crawl
* I fall down regularly because my feet just can't keep up with my big brain!
* I can do about 15-20 signs: Hi/Bye, hat, shoes, milk, duck, dog, giraffe, horse, eat, bird, baby, up, apple, drum, fish, cat, moon, monkey, etc.
* I make lots of noises and some scattered words - I can occasionally say HAT, UP, NI NI (goodnight) and BA (bird) (Ok - I have said them each once) in addition to mamamamamama and dadadadadadada.
* I sleep at least 10 hours in a row every night - sometimes 11 1/2 - those days Mom and Dad seem to like me extra.
* I om on the fringe of 1 and 2 naps - half and half at the moment. I like to keep 'em guessing.
* I eat well in general - 3 meals a day and I get better as the day goes on. Bring it on at dinnertime!
* Moooooo - whole milk, here I come. I like it. 16-24 ounces a day.
* I now like to hang on things - with my feet off the ground - who says we don't come from monkeys?
* Speaking of classes, I just took my first gymnastics class and loved it. I also go to music class once a week (Music Together) and I love it. I get to go to the Discovery Museum and the Zoo lots too - got memberships for my birthday!
* I am trying out the sippy cup - maybe I drink 5 ounces of stuff a day out of it - not my favorite yet.
* I love a non immediate family audience - I get sick of Mom and Dad sometimes
* I love to play musical instruments - especially the drums, recorder and harmonica -I am so proud of myself when I blow and sounds come out.
* I really love the "step on me piano" (see photo above) and I know to run over to it when mom asks me to "make music."
* I love the swings and parks and playgrounds and I don't eat sand nearly as much as I used to.
* I love to sit on laps and be bounced - I often make noise while being bounced to hear my lovely range.
* I love magnets, especially ones that have buttons or music (see me and my favorite one above).
* I LOVE to play in bathrooms - specifically I like to unroll toilet paper rolls, open all bathroom drawers to find and suck on the tops of mini mouthwash bottles, play with breastpump parts, take baths and showers, sit on my throne (the scale!) and I would like to dip my fingers into the toilet bowl but mom and dad have high security on the lids now.
* I point.
* I love to brush my teeth and hair (the few strands that are there that is).
* I still LOVE to open and shut doors.
* I love to look for birds and dogs when I hear their noises around.
* I love to play the game where I put laundry over my head so I can't see and then walk fast until I hit something and fall down - Mom doesn't seem to like it when I play this game.
* I love going to Glamma and Grandma's houses.
* I love to read books - I pick them up and carry them over to mom and dad so they know to read to me - my favorite books are the hiding dog book and the goodnight bunny book.
* I laugh and smile tons these days - growing up is so fun.
* I still have some separation anxiety, although I don't throw as much of a hissy fit as I did at 9-12 months.
* I hug - Mom and Dad are thrilled - they are working on something called a "kiss."
* I love to play Pat a Cake, This Little Piggy and Let's Rub Noses, especially with Grandma.
* I think it is hysterical when mom whispers in my ear.
* When I drink milk before bedtime, I love to reach up and pick mom's nose and eyes.
* I am ticklish - especially under my chin and under my arms too.
* I still have no hair.

<< Home