The Lives of Jamie and Kelly

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Summer Vacation 2007: Sedona

Our first stop on Summer Vacation 2007 or Bust is Sedona, AZ. Mom says it is hotter than Hell here. I don't know where Hell is, but it must be really, really, really hot. Mom would get sweaty just walking the 100 yards from our room, oh, excuse me, I mean our CASITA, to Camp Coyote, my new favorite place. I went there almost every day and I loved it. We decorated T shirts, I did sand art for my first time and loved it, I made a tee pee, we did puzzles, we played baseball and I got on base and we made Indian chief hats and everything. I also met a girl with teeth that don't work as well as they should (she had braces) and a boy whose hand did not work as it should (he had 2 thumbs!) and a girl whose daddy has a pancreas that does not work as well as it should - just like me. The boy with 6 fingers said he loves his spare thumb and when his mom asked him if he wanted to get it removed, he said NO WAY because he is the videogame champion. Mom and I had SOOOOO much fun there. We swam every day and I loved jumping and going under water. We had a slumber party together every night. We got a lot of room service. We did not get sunburned at all in the 100+ degree heat! And we read my new favorite book, The Three Javalinas, every day and re-enacted the plot thoroughly - we even went on nature walks to collect tubleweeds, saguaro sticks and adobe - the 3 things the little javalinas used to make their houses. I even know what all 3 of those things are too. Ask me next time you see me.
Mimi and Daddy came too for a couple of days. They miss me too much when I am on vacation:) We went on a special hike to the Cucina Lady summit - I lead the way and gave a great tour. I even demonstrated pooping in nature!

See my photojournal below - Junie B Jones would be proud!

After a fun day at Camp Coyote with Amy...


I decided to take Mom and Dad on a hike to Cucina Woman ....


Follow your leader...


Are you coming?


Quick pit stop....


Careful of the cactuses....


Halfway up family portrait - before we got too sweaty....


Mommy and me at the summit...


Daddy giving me a ride back down...


Pooped after a hard day's climb...