Bearskin Meadows
I had a great time camping this week in the Sequoia National Forest (not so sure if Mom did). I was filthy dirty from the moment we arrived and I did not shower one time all week - does life get any better than this!? I don't know what Mom's problem was - she was not nearly as happy as I was about the bathless days thing. I did not see General Sherman (the tallest living thing in the world - psssst... it's a tree in case you did not watch the FOREST episode of "PLANET EARTH" - one of my fav TV shows) but I did see General Grant - one of the tallest trees in the world. It was huge - bigger than a Mommy T Rex even! We also went to Lake Hume where I had the biggest milkshake I've ever seen in my lifetime (I did not feel so well afterwards - note to self) and played at the beach all day. I got to see a lot of my old friends, like Sarah (in the picture with me above) and I even got to ring the camp bell (only big girls get to do that ya know - see above). I got a standing O in the talent show with Jessica's help - she looks just like Princess Ariel so we sang the "Part of this World" song together. She did back-up - just to be clear. I also go to see Krystle and Jason too - such a treat. I was an honorary participant in the Bearskin Olympics and I LOVED the slip and slide obstacle course. I even liked the campfire - even though there were no s'mores. Stinky Mom squinted her eyes with all the dusty air around to whisper-read books to me every night by flashlight (so we would not disturb our many camping neighbors who were a few feet from us) as we settled down into our sleeping bags and double down blankets for a cozy, sub 40's night with our mice friends under the stars. Ahhhhh - camping life is good. I wonder what Mom does not like about it?

<< Home