The Lives of Jamie and Kelly

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Hawaii - Summer Vacation 2009

The 4 of us just got back from Hawaii and we had a fabulous time (minus the last blog posting). Highlights were:

* We went fishing at Kona Village and I caught lots of fish! I would have caught more but Kelly kept eating my bait (bread - don't worry people).
* Mom and Dad went zip lining - without me - they LOVED it - and promised to take Kelly and I sometime. They were not even scared one bit and they were jumping off huge cliffs and zipping for 1,000+ feet! I feel proud of them!
* I snorkeled for my very first time ever and I loved it and saw lots of fish! I even liked snorkeling in the pool - I'd go back and forth and see how many laps I could do without bringing my head above water.
* I watched many sunsets from our front row seats in the hammocks - but I never saw the green flash. Kelly cried. She did not like it when we said Night Night to the sun. She cries when I go to bed too - she misses me.
* I was a sous chef for Makiko and Tim - I helped fold gyoza and make sushi and I learned all about Japanese people and how they sit around on their knees and chat for hours. Kelly even LOVED our creations.
* Kelly-boo LOVED the beach - last time, we were here, she did not like the sand one bit, but this time, she loved it. In fact, she would pick it up and rub the sand all over her body (Mom said this was a great exfoliating idea?). She also loved being in the ocean. She would plop herself right down in the rough part of the shallow water so that she would be tossed around a little by the little waves. The rougher, the better - she would laugh hysterically.
* Kel and I built lots of sand castles together too - I was teaching her my architect skills.
* I won an ice cream sundae in a water bucket filling contest
* I fed the fish everyday (shhhh - I always fed "Yellowy" a little extra)

Happy Beach Bunnies...



Kel's sandy bum...



My architect apprentice - starting a new sand castle




Gotta go for now - I start school in a few short hours - KINDERGARTEN!!!

Aloha!