The Straw - Uh Oh...
Today was not a good day for me. We are on a wonderful vacation at Glamma's house, having fun in the sun and playing and I am getting to do anything I want - like make Kelly fall out of the hammock, pinch Mom, talk back, not cooperate, not clean up after myself, etc. Mom has been sending me to my room for this behavior for the last few weeks, but today, it was different. She usually just sends me to my room for 5 minutes and then we talk about it, I say sorry and we move on. But today, after I slingshot Kelly with a rubberband from across the room, things changed. I was so proud of myself for actually hitting my target, but Mom was not impressed with my marksmanship. She went cuckoo. She did the arm grab so hard I thought my arm was going to fall off and there was not a proud bone in her body. I could tell -this was a bad move. She looked me straight in the eyes with her furious eyes and said that I hurt Kelly and that was not Ok and it has been happening too much and that no one (not she, Daddy or Kel) wanted to play with me anymore. It was 3 in the afternoon and she sent me to my room and took all the toys out for the rest of the day!! What happened to the 5 minutes and the Sorry? I had HOURS to think about what I did and have been doing. I guess I have not been choosing to be that nice lately. I would not really like it if someone did those things to me. Hmmm. Maybe I should be nicer - after all, I do just have one sister and I want her to like me. I only have one mom and dad too and I want them to like me too. I better change my ways.....

<< Home